A Retail Investor is defined by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as a client who is not a professional client or an eligible counterparty (further defined below). Being classified as a Retail Client offers the greatest amount of regulatory protection.
You have the right to request to be categorised as a professional client, however Propnology will not offer this lower degree of protection to clients. You therefore need to confirm that you agree to be categorised as a Retail client.
Professional Client definition:
A Professional Client is defined as an entity required to be authorised or regulated to operate in the financial markets, who possesses the experience, knowledge and expertise to make their own investment decisions and properly assess the risks that they incur.
Eligible Counterparty definition:
(1) an investment firm;
(2) a credit institution;
(3) an insurance company;
(4) a collective investment scheme authorised under the UCITS Directive or its management company;
(5) a pension fund or its management company;
(6) another financial institution authorised or regulated under EU legislation or the national law of an EEA State;
(7) a national government or its corresponding office, including a public body that deals with public debt at national level;
(8) a central bank; and
(9) a supranational organisation.