A High Net Worth Investor is defined by the FCA as an individual who has agreed to the following statement during the registration process;
I make this statement so that I can receive promotional communications relating to unlisted shares as a Self-Certified High Net Worth Investor.
I declare that I qualify as a Self-Certified High Net Worth Investor because:
- I had, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date of this self-certification, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more; or
- I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date of this self-certification, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more.
Net assets for these purposes do not include:
- the property which is my primary residence or any money raised through a loan secured on that property;
- any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance; or
- any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be entitled.